Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), a leading steel-making company in India recruits for the post of Management Trainee (Technical) or Management Trainee (Administration) every year to fill front-line executive positions in there Plant/Units/Mines in E-1 grade from young, energetic, result oriented and promising talent from the country.
SAIL Management Trainee Latest Examination Pattern 2014:
As stated above the selection procedure follows a multiple stage short-listing process in that the first phase is the SAIL MT Written Examination, the written test may take place in to two meetings namely Morning shift and evening shifts the examination centers will be notified in with the admit cards.
The SAIL MT exam follows the very common competitive examination’s pattern that includes Multiple Choice Questions based format in that you will have to answer 100 questions from your discipline in Part 1 and 100 question of aptitude section in part 2 within 150 minute. Please see the table given below to know more…
SAIL MT Written Exam Pattern :
|Part||Subject||Max. Marks||Time Alloted|
|01||Domain knowledge test||100||75 min.|
Part A- Quantitative Aptitude (25 marks)
Part B- Verbal ability (25 marks)
Part C- Reasoning (25 marks)
Part D- General awareness (25 marks)
SAIL MT GD and Interview Pattern :
From among those who qualify in the written test, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion (GD) and Interview in the ratio of 1:4 for each discipline, category wise, in order of merit. A candidate has to qualify in the Interview for consideration for final selection, merit list for which will be drawn by combining the scores of written test, GD and Interview with the weightage of 60:20:20 in that order.
1. In SAIL MT Exam for each wrong attempt you will be scored -0.25 as negative marking.
2. To get a call for next phase it’s mandatory to get 50% marks in both parts at-least.
3. The shortlisting of candidates for further rounds will be based upon the SAIL MT Written Exam cut off merit.
SAIL Management Trainee Syllabus 2014 :-
SAIL MT Paper I Syllabus: (Specialization Paper)
The domain or discipline test refers to the knowledge of domain you’ve applied during filling application form of SAIL MT posts, this exam will ask you about your particular subject knowledge. In this part all you need to have concrete knowledge of specialized field for say if you have applied for SAIL MT Technical- Manufacturing posts then you must have sound knowledge of graduate level manufacturing engineering and it vary same way subject to subject.
SAIL MT Paper II Syllabus: (Aptitude Exam)
- This section follows common competitive examination pattern where mostly you have to answer questions from 4 sections namely- Quantitative Ability, Reasoning, General Awareness and Verbal English Ability.
- SAIL MT Reasoning Ability: Coding & Decoding, Problems related to words, Missing Numbers, Number puzzles, Nonverbal reasoning etc.
- SAIL MT Quantitative Section: In this section you will get problems related to math of +2 standard.
- SAIL MT General English: English Grammar, Sentence Formation etc.
- General Awareness: Indian Culture, Current Affairs, geography. History and worldwide happening.
You can download SAIL MT Syllabus and pattern of 2014 exam by clicking the Ctrl+S button on your keyboard.
Other Related Links:
SAIL Latest Notification
SAIL Online Registration
SAIL MT Eligibility Criteria
SAIL Press Release
SAIL MT 2014 Hall Ticket | Admit Card
SAIL MT 20174 Syllabus / Exam Pattern
SAIL MT Exam previous year question papers
SAIL MT 2014 Answer Kay